- 1% cryptocurrency trading fee
- $50 over spot ounce for gold investments
- $2.50 over spot ounce for silver investments
- Monthly fees also apply and go toward ongoing storage expenses
- Tax-advantaged cryptocurrency accounts
- Option to buy gold and silver
- Responsive and good customer service
- No Monthly Fees and 1% Transaction Fees
- U.S. regulated
- Straightforward platform allows you to buy and sell assets in a few minutes
- 24/7 order placements and portfolio monitoring services
- Limited cryptocurrency selection
- Fees and account minimums
- Can't earn interest on your crypto
- Custodial wallet
- No mobile app
- Only $1,000 Account Opening Minimum.
- Step-by-step guided setup
- Easy-to-master trading
- Educational tools
What is iTrustcapital?
CEO Morgan Steckler founded iTrustCapital, a self-directed IRA provider based in Irvine, California, in 2018. iTrustCapital is a self-directed IRA provider that gives you the opportunity to invest in cryptocurrencies, gold, and silver through your retirement account. The platform focuses on providing investors with a straightforward and easy-to-understand platform, which can be a major asset if you’ve never bought or sold alternative investments in the past.
When you reach retirement age, iTrustCapital allows you to choose whether you’d like to take your disbursements in cash or in the assets you’ve invested in. Though the platform does offer a limited range of cryptocurrencies when compared to brokers like Coinbase, its simple structure and unique IRA offerings make iTrustCapital a great place to invest.
The business model of iTrustCapital is straightforward. They allow users to invest in non-traditional assets such as cryptocurrencies and precious metals in their IRAs.
iTrustCapital's crypto IRAs, like regular IRAs, offer tax advantages. Your account will be tax-deferred or tax-free depending on whether you choose a Traditional or Roth IRA.
Traditional IRAs are funded with pre-tax funds and are taxed when the money is withdrawn. Roth IRAs are funded with after-tax dollars, but withdrawals are tax-free. Which is better relies on whether taxes will be higher or lower when you retire, which is impossible to forecast.
You can either transfer an existing IRA, roll over an existing employer plan or open a new IRA account to finance your account. You can utilize iTrustCapital's platform to buy and sell assets once your account is funded. The trading platform is operational and accepts trades 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They list all available materials in an easy-to-read format, along with pricing information for each. It's as simple as clicking a button to buy or sell an asset.
Trading fees are simple and transparent, at 1% for every transaction. They demand a minimum payment of $1,000 to begin, with a follow-up deposit of $500.
Stay up to date
Want emails with free news, tips, tools, and recommendations to help you scale your Web3 business ideas? Drop your email below.