- The wallet is compatible with multiple operating systems
- Can be used together with other popular hardware wallets
- No sensitive data is stored on MyEtherWallet, giving crypto holders full ownership of their private keys.
- It is secure and autonomous
- Very beginner friendly
- Not as secure as Hardware wallet
- Does not support non Ethereum altcoins
- No live customer support
- Cash out to fiat
- Compactible with multiple OS
- Available on Mobile and desktop versions
- Zero transaction fee structure
- Works with other chains
- NFT manager
What is MyEtherWallet?
Launched in 2015 by Taylor Manahan and Kosala Hemachandra, MyEtherWallet is a software that allows crypto coins to be stored in a trader’s personal computer instead of storing them online. MyEtherWallet is also sometimes referred to as a ‘paper wallet’ because its private key is stored offline and therefore requires the users to print the private key on paper and keep it in safe places. It eliminates the risk of storing crypto holdings in online wallets, but then puts a question on the safety of crypto holdings since they are stored on the user's computer.
MyEtherWallet is a completely free, open-source, user-friendly and client-side interface that allows users to interact with the Ethereum blockchain network directly and generate their own online crypto-wallets. Additionally, MyEtherWallet gives you total control. It allows its users to send funds to anyone, anywhere, at any time, without middlemen, minimums, or limits.
Stay up to date
Want emails with free news, tips, tools, and recommendations to help you scale your Web3 business ideas? Drop your email below.